Thursday, January 28, 2010

On, Off

Right now I'm reading a murder mystery called On, Off. Some parts are interesting and some are not. Murder mysteries are my favorite and usually I don't get disinterested in them. However, this one is set in the 1960s. So, it's a little different. The victims are young (16 years) girls. As a mother, it's sad to think that yes, this is a novel, but this really does happen! It's so sad. Turning on the news every day hearing of children being abducted or murdered, raped, whatever you call it, it's horrible! I never noticed how often it happened until I became a mother though. And to think this is the world we live in. Seriously? Well, God have mercy on ANYONE who dare lay a hand on my baby girl. Police would never find a body, maybe just "evidence" to suggest that person was dead :] Scary thoughts.

I'm trying to finish this book soon and start Dear John though so I can go see the movie! It looks good & I'm obsessed with reading books BEFORE watching the movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment